Thursday, December 10, 2009

AHHHHH

IT'S FUCKHEAD THURSDAY!
EVERYONE DURRRRR IN UNISON NOW

...I hate people.
Really.

I had a customer call in today with what I'm pretty sure may have been one of the more asinine issues I've dealt with to date. He bought an old Verizon phone and simply dialed the programming number onto it and expected it to work- WITHOUT CALLING PAGE PLUS TO GET A PAGE PLUS NUMBER.

He then tried to add a minute card to said phone, but when he did, the prompt told him to please hold for a customer service rep, which he incorrectly assumed meant that the card was added to the phone. What actually happened was that since, again, he did not have a Page Plus number, the card did not add, which is why he was being transferred to customer service in the first place.

Now, even a complete troglodyte would probably, at this point, wait to find out why he was being transferred to customer service, since this would generally indicate to anything but an entirely infantile mind that there is something WRONG (which there was). Not so for this gem of the human race. He simply assumed that the card had been applied, THREW AWAY THE MINUTE CARD AND THE PHONE PACKAGING, and tried to use the phone, which did not work, because (AGAIN) the card could not be added to a non-Page Plus number.

Genius boy then proceeded to call customer service and very nastily tell a different customer service representative what happened, to no avail, since we are not authorized to give handouts at all (much less to arrogant morons brought down by their own stupidity). When the other rep let him off the phone, he called back, which is how our paths intersected. After a good 10 minutes of said customer giving me lousy roundabout explanations, I finally got the full story out of him. When I explained to him that there was nothing I could do to help him, he proceeded to inform me that I was stupid and rude and he wanted to talk to my supervisor. I told him that my supervisor would tell him the same thing, but he insisted on being transferred. I was really just glad to be rid of him, so I obliged after alerting my supervisor to the horror that was about to befall her.

I just don't understand how some people can be so infallibly idiotic. It kind of hurts. I hate to sound elitist or anything, but come ON, man. There's a limit to the level of stupidity I can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment